New update (mobile)
While digging on the possible errors that could have triggered the last update rejected on app store I noticed some errors were not correctly trapped, and that I had no way to check if errors happened on the iOs version.
So I’ve made some changes:
- Automatic anonymous error reports are back, whenever an error occurs the stack trace is sent to my website (anonymous, the report just contains a few system parameters and the stack trace). It means I need the network permission back for the full release on Android.
- I’ve corrected the process that catch errors, and it should work again if option file is corrupted (if it gets corrupted option file is reset and a message is displayed to warn user)
- I’ve added more exception catching in missing places (basically exception catching was working fine when playing a level, but not always on startup and in menus)
- The splash screen should disappear quicker on iOs (was 2.5 seconds on my iPod, it is now 2 seconds spent only in LibGdx stuff I can’t change)
I’ve also included some changes on balance, shotgun has been nerfed at high level, and double shotgun has been boosted. So player should upgrade to double shotgun at high level.
I will send this update soon on the mobile platforms.
I like the stamina that was present in old versions of Alien Blitz (Snorms in this case), I removed it for mobile as it is quite hard to manage for the player, but I’ve decided to add it back on PC.
The way stamina now works (PC only):
- Player uses stamina by pressing the shift key or the Y button of the controller (on xbox controller)
- The auto lock button has been moved to the back button (xbox controller) by default, can be changed anyway
- When using stamina player will move quicker if he is on ground (does not work when jumping, to avoid breaking levels)
- When using stamina and shooting the weapons will reload a lot quicker and deal a little more damage (but it uses a lot of stamina)
- Stamina will go up after 2 seconds (stamina button must be released)
- By default stamina status is not visible on screen, but it can be turned on in the options.
So basically it works a lot like old stamina, except maximum stamina can’t be upgraded with level ups.
Here’s a little screenshot with stamina bar visible:
I’ve also removed most of the sprite borders, and made the camera a little closer.