Alien Blitz has been updated to version 1.0b1090
- New User Interface / menus : smoother, more animations, a lot nicer
- 4 new maps : 4 maps from the PC version have been incorporated directly in the game. You can choose them at any time through the “Extra maps” menu (it is best to have finished the game first though, they are quite hard). I might add a way to download maps from Internet later, if there are more players.
- MOGA controller support : you can now play using MOGA controller. Start MOGA pivot before starting Alien Blitz, and make sure the controller is powered on. If a MOGA controller is detected an help button (button assignment) is added on the main screen.
- Added French translations, it is now a bit easier to add translations; but the only other language I know, besides French and English, is Italian; and I’m too rusty to translate, sorry
- Auto lock is now available only in easy mode, it’s really too easy with it (and manual lock is good enough)
- Updated screens : armory, statistics, options, dialogs, transitions,…
- Added new screens
- Rate Alien Blitz : it will popup after 1 hour of play time and every 6 days unless specified (you can choose to never display it again, and it will REALLY never be displayed again 🙂 )
- Buy the full version : it has been added on the free version
- Help screens are less intrusive now (more like in early versions)
- Removed xp limitation to upgrade weapons, you just need enough money now
- Screen orientation is now sensor dependent (you can turn your device)
Next updates will focus on correcting bugs if any, and doing some optimizations. I might also try to add Intel processor support, shouldn’t be too hard, I just have to update libgdx and recompile the small C++ part.
I had some troubles on Android 4.4, it seems it is not possible anymore to start an activity when clicking the back button (while in-game pressing the back button will open menu). I think I avoided the problem but as I don’t know why it’s doing that, I can’t be sure.
There are some limitations/glitches on Android 2.x devices, so the UI might not look as nice as on Android 4.x devices, but it’s still better than before.
To play with a MOGA controller (all current models work) you must launch the pivot app first, and then launch Alien Blitz. Sadly I can’t test it on my current phone as it won’t sync (the bluetooth on this phone is kinda shitty), but it works fine on my nexus 7 (android 4.4) and on my xperia ray (android 2.3, but the pivot app crashes a lot, other than that it’s ok). I think Alien Blitz works really nicely with a controller.
This update is currently available on Google Play, this website (if purchased along with Snorms) and IGS. On other platforms (Amazon, Samsung) it will be updated later.
But first, I think I will take a few days off… These releases (especially months after the last one) are really tiring, lots of last minute bugs and small glitches to correct.
Don’t forget, tomorrow is Cyber Monday !
Have fun 🙂