Updated Snorms & Alien Blitz (b986+):
- [update] added good ending when you reach 100% completion (any difficulty level)
- [update] changed most of the transition screens: better quality, new images, typos,…
- [update] changed help screens and help texts
- [update] updated first levels in order to help player a little more
- [update] added halo around items and monsters, so that they are more visible
- [update] added different effects on barrel explosion
- [update] increased text size when losing life or picking up items
- [update] changed some sprites for better understanding of their content (money box, weapon box,…)
- [update] reduced loading time on Android
- [update] removed unused sounds
- [update] udpated the level editor help (triggered by pressing F1 key, or manually browsing to the PDF location)
- [corrected] achievement popup is sometimes misaligned on Android
- [corrected] high video memory usage
- [corrected] bad door placement in e01m05
Alien Blitz has been uploaded on Google Play Store & this website
Snorms will be uploaded on Desura & IGS soon (just need a little more testing)
I’ve mostly done some aesthetic changes, and improved “story” in this update.
I don’t plan on updating the game anymore now, except for bug fixes and small aesthetic changes like these ones. Technically the game is working pretty well, and I can focus on other things such as the new Android/iOS game I am working on with some friends.
The only major updates that could potentially happen are:
- Multiplayer, but I don’t plan on adding multiplayer support except if I have enough players (if I get accepted on Steam or on another major distribution service)
- 3d support, I want to try the new 3D api of Libgdx, if it works nicely I might work on switching to full 3d.
- iOs port, I have to try RoboVM and see the results, I already know Xamarin works, but it costs too much.