The PC version is now almost complete:
- Added controller setup and rewrote most of the options screens
- Added top/isometric view selection
- Corrected lots of bugs, too many to be listed
- Changed the way levels are displayed, now the full level will be visible, but unexplored parts are darker than explored ones, and you can’t see items/monsters in unexplored parts
- Wrote a page to download the APK (from generated keys or Desura, like Humble Bundle do) as it’s not possible to give keys for apps on Google Play Store
- Updated release script, to include libgdx and other misc stuffs
I am currently doing a full run of the PC version, mainly the Isometric levels, as I have already tested the top view levels for the Android version. I have finished testing episode 1, and am now working on episode 2.
Everything is going quite smoothly, and this time I am testing mainly on Windows, as I already know Linux works fine. I might be able to test on Mac soon, I’ll also see if I can easily build a dmg file.
The game is a lot more stable and smooth on PC than before, mainly thanks to all the work I had to do for the Android version. It’s now fully playable on my netbook (both isometric and top views).
What remains before final release (Snorms/Alien Blitz/PC/Mac/Android):
- Test episodes 2 & 3 isometric PC (windows)
- Test mac release
- Casual tests top view/nightmare mode/…
- Casual tests on Android
- New trailer video (with all versions visible in it)
- Prepare press releases
- Deploy on Desura, make a news
- Publish full version on Google Play Store
What remains is mostly non-technical stuffs, which in my opinion are very boring, I don’t really know when all this will be finished, could be next week, or later…