Steam integration – progress report
- Deployment: Windows/Linux/Mac versions are working fine so far, installing and running without troubles
- Achievements: all achievements have been integrated, there are 23 of them (2 are secret)
- Leaderboards: 4 leaderboards for completing the game as fast as possible
- Steam workshop: using level editor to make level, then publishing and/or downloading them works fine
- Cloud: cloud saves are working, and multi-platform
So to sum-up integration is complete now, everything is working fine with Steam API.
What remain is:
- Bug correction: still a few small bugs and/or improvements specific to the PC version
- Level editor: add a toolbar or menu to help editing
- Making guides for Steam Workshop
- Making artwork for Steam store page and such
- Making a trailer
- Making a few levels to be available on Workshop on launch
- Preparing press-release, forum posts,….
- A few things here and there… 🙂
I also need to work on badges, cards and such, but didn’t look much into that yet.
So technically nothing huge is missing, just a few things to add and polish the game… but a lot of work on communication items.
I have updated LibGdx to version 1.8, no major changes, just wanted to be up-to-date. At first I mostly wanted to get the multi-monitor support, but I noticed afterwards that it was only available when using Lwjgl 3, and I don’t want to make the switch right now, it’s too soon in my opinion.