Some uncategorized/random news
Some nice progress have been made, sadly we are kinda changing a lot of the gameplay every time we have a meeting, so development is quite chaotic. And we are seriously laking a graphic designer.
I doubt this game will ever be finished at this point, so I am beginning to consider working on something else. The main problem being I am the only one working full time on it, which make things hard (and I won’t be full time after February anymore). But I will be able to reuse stuffs I have developed for other projects, so everything is not “lost”.
I am currently working on rewriting the menus of Alien Blitz, I am reusing the UI framework I developed for ScanWars. This will make menus a lot nicer (lots of animations, use of some touch events,…) and I will be able to add more information/update UI a lot more easily.
Other projects I have in mind / will work on
- A space exploration game
- Mobile only (maybe also browser later)
- Inspired by games I loved : Space Trader (palmOS) / Eve online / FTL / SPAZ
- Multiplayer content (no real time interactions, but you will visit/attack other players, actions you do have an impact on the whole universe for all players,…)
- Multiple jobs : merchant, miner & fighter
- Customization : big ships choice, and lots of upgrades (weapons, mining lasers, cargo space,…)
- Good (fight pirates,…) or evil choices (buy/sell narcotics/weapons, mine in forbidden areas, fight merchants,…)
- Long (solo) main quest, lots of side quests
- Will reuse ScanWars code (server & client side)
- F2P : with an online shop (misc stuffs, maybe DLC)
- A “snake” game
- A strategy game
- PC only (maybe mobile latter)
- Mixed between settlers/dungeon keeper/…
- Lots of RPG elements (quests, huge adventure, lots of magic…)
- I have a friend working on the background, there is a very nice story/world so far. It could lead to a lot of other game later on