Snorms episode 3 is now available!
12 new maps
10 levels + 2 secret levels have been added to the game.
7 new monsters
6 standard monsters and a new boss are available in this episode.
5 new weapons
5 (powerful) weapons can be found in this episode, one of them is only available in hard difficulty mode.
The game is now almost complete, with an ending. There is a total of:
- 41 maps
- 22 enemies
- 14 weapons (5 using cartridges, 4 using energy cells and 5 using explosives)
- Around 10-15 hours of gameplay!
New HUD options are available:
- When switching weapon, it will display name, ammo, and weapon list under your cursor
- When hovering items or monsters it will display their name
- When reloading the mouse cursor will indicate reload status
- When reloading the weapon icon will indicate reload status
- New icons will be displayed at the bottom of the screen: activated power ups (and remaining time) and checkpoint activation status
Some monsters will now drop ammunitions and sometimes life/armor. As a consequence, you can not carry as much ammunitions as before.
Some cheat codes have been included, I won’t tell you what they are, but I’ll give you a small hint: my favorite game is Doom (I & II).
And of course, a lot of new/updated stuffs
- Checkpoints will now automatically display their menu when moving on them (and just after death)
- Some doors will open when moving near them
- Balance update (lowered laser gun damages, changed monsters life/damage,…)
- Scripted doors (doors that can’t be opened by clicking on them) now have a different texture
- Barrels will now send their “content” in the direction you shoot them
- Money bonus will be granted if you find all secrets and/or money boxes
- Level editor can now be launched from main menu
- Level editor performance increased
- Help is available through main menu (and in the level editor)
- Buttons will change texture when they are deactivated
- Updated hard difficulty mode (more monsters in episode 2, less monsters that respawn after death)
- And various bug corrections
Snorms will still be in Alpha for a few days/weeks, in order to male sure there is no bug left. Then it won’t be in the Alpha Funding program anymore.
It doesn’t mean I will stop updating it, I have already planned some cool stuffs (unlockable game modes, unlockable maps, maybe some multiplayer stuffs,…)