New prototype version !
You need at least Java 1.6 installed on your computer, that’s all, Kleum is a Java applet, it does not need special security settings, just launch and test !
There might be some problems if running multiple version of Kleum, in order to do so you should close and restart your browser before testing another version.
What’s new ?
- Level transitions : I’ve included 2 very simple tutorial levels and the third level is the one previously released
- Pause : you can now pause the game by pressing the P key, it will display some map statistics
- Internal changes : improved display manager (you can see message boxes now) and improved state machine
- Game over screen : it will display your final score, you can reload the page to restart game
- Level time is now taken into account to calculate score. There are two times : par time (typical time to finish level) and good time (if you are good enough), doing less than them will give you more points
- I’ve also added some arrow sprites, they are here just to help you (mostly because sometimes it’s not obvious there are teleporters on your way)
- Some sprites have been updated (size reduction & teleporter)
- Green diamond : what you must get in order to finish the level
- Red diamond : bad diamond, will grow the snake
- Heart : gives you a new life.
- Pause : will pause the snake, allowing you to decide peacefully on your next move
- Size reduction : will reduce snake size
- Size reduction infinite : will reduce snake size, item does stay on the map, so that you can pick it infinitely
- Teleport in/out : will teleport player from one teleporter to another
How to use the prototype ?
- When snake is stopped, press any arrow key to ‘launch’ it in the specified direction
- When snake is moving, press Left or Right arrow key to move it Left/Right (from snake point of view)
- Press P to pause the game
I think this is the last prototype version, I will release a beta version soon, with more levels and an online save state (cookies or account).