New prototype version !
You need at least java 1.6 installed on your computer, that’s all, Kleum is a java applet, it does not need special security settings, just launch and test !
New things :
- Camera will move slowly to player location on teleport
- Small pause when picking up a green diamond and when dying (to avoid bad keystrokes)
- UI (very basic)
- Green diamond count, but the level doesn’t end yet
The sound doesn’t work as expected : random crash and crackling sound. I don’t know if it’s Ubuntu (fresh install) or Java, but I can’t continue like that. I’ll give a try to Open AL implementation (which works nicely for Minecraft downloadable version), but even the oracle joal applet demo doesn’t work (security exceptions on Ubuntu and Windows). So I can’t be sure results will be positive.
- Green diamond : what you must get in order to finish the level. Useless as of now.
- Red diamond : bad diamond, will grow the snake
- Heart : gives you a new life. Useless as of now.
- Pause : will pause the snake, allowing you to decide peacefully on your next move
- Size reduction : will reduce snake size
- Size reduction infinite : will reduce snake size, item does stay on the map, so that you can pick it infinitely
- Teleport in/out : will teleport player from one teleporter to another
How to use the prototype ?
- When snake is stopped, press any arrow key to ‘launch’ it in the specified direction
- When snake is moving, press Left or Right arrow key to move it Left/Right (from snake point of view)