New prototype version !
You need at least java 1.6 installed on your computer, that’s all, Kleum is a java applet, it does not need special security settings, just launch and test !
New things :
- Sounds have been implemented. I’m using ogg vorbis spi from java zoom. I have some troubles playing sounds while a flash player is running, and I can’t play two sounds simultaneously yet. Sounds have been built using bfxr.
- I’ve implemented remaining items (see below)
- I’ve made a quite converted for old kleum levels
- Playable level has been changed, it’s now an old kleum level
- Player will teleport when going on one side of the map.
- Green diamond : what you must get in order to finish the level. Useless as of now.
- Red diamond : bad diamond, will grow the snake
- Heart : gives you a new life. Useless as of now.
- Pause : will pause the snake, allowing you to decide peacefully on your next move
- Size reduction : will reduce snake size
- Size reduction infinite : will reduce snake size, item does stay on the map, so that you can pick it infinitely
- Teleport in/out : will teleport player from one teleporter to another
How to use the prototype ?
- When snake is stopped, press any arrow key to ‘launch’ it in the specified direction
- When snake is moving, press Left or Right arrow key to move it Left/Right (from snake point of view)
- Press space key to toggle camera smooth movements on and off
- Press + or – key to change snake size
What I should do next (in no particular order) for kleum :
- Create the UI and display all the informations needed
- Implement life system
- Manage multiple levels and transitions
- Test, test and test