New prototype version !
You need at least java 1.6 installed on your computer, that’s all, Kleum is a java applet, it does not need special security settings, just launch and test !
Not so much changes visible, a lot internally, visible changes :
- Detailed tiles (stairs, small walls in the level)
- Snake is sent back to the starting point after dying
- Green diamonds have been introduced, taking them will increase snake size (that’s all for now) and they will disappear after
How to use the prototype ?
- When snake is stopped, press any arrow key to ‘launch’ it in the specified direction
- When snake is moving, press Left or Right arrow key to move it Left/Right (from snake point of view)
- Press space key to toggle camera smooth movements on and off
- Press + or – key to change snake size
What I should do next (in no particular order) for kleum :
- Draw and implement remaining sprites from old kleum (teleportation, bad diamond, reduce,…)
- Build a converter tool from old kleum levels to the new format (to have some basic levels quickly implemented)
- Create the UI and display all the informations needed
- Implement life system
- Manage multiple levels and transitions
- Add sounds (maybe music)
- Test, test and test
I hope kleum should be ready for playing by the end of the month, so that I can begin working on snorms (which will be much more interesting)